11.04.2007

Happy (belated) Zamoween!!!

As I promised last Thursday, here are a few pictures for the Zambian-themed Halloween party last weekend. It shouldn’t come as a terrible surprise that the tradition of Halloween isn’t celebrated here. Regardless, that didn’t stop what seemed like every single ex-patriate in the country to converge on a single home in ridiculous costumes.

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to see enough details in the photos to distinguish my costume, so I’ll just ruin the surprise. I was a Togo foosball player. If you look closely, maybe you can see the ‘handle used to move the players’ protruding out of the sleeves of my ridiculously small Togo shirt. For those keeping track at home, I think that’s a kid’s medium sized shirt. Let’s just say that, shockingly, I may have procrastinated in actually finding a soccer jersey and that was the best I could come up with. Ehhh, inspired by my costume, I now knoe where Togo is located.


For those of you who may be questioning why I have yet to post any pictures that actually demonstrate I am living in Zambia (as opposed to these random photos of me making a fool out of myself that could easily be taken in the States), I ask why you were so heartless to not give a camera to me as a gift prior to departing? It looks like your selfishness is catching up to you... I actually haven’t gotten around to getting a camera and thus am forced to just copy other people’s pictures. I’m sure more relevant pictures will be coming eventually.

Photos:

(1) Me doing doing the ‘Foosball Shuffle/Dance’



(2) Nicole, Myself, and Kristen personifying our costumes of ‘Pirate’, ‘Foosball Player’, ‘Zambian Pumpkin/Zamkin’.


Note: Similar to the ‘Egyptian Wig on Facebook’ fiasco of a few months ago, I am warning everyone in advance that they should not be shocked if/when these photos have been removed in the near future. This just means you’ll prolly wanna save them to your hard drive ASAP.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Its great that you give us pointers on how to embarass you. Just so you know, I took your advice and saved all the wig photos :)