12.02.2007

B-roth/Pennington Corrolary revisited

Warning: This is pretty much a sports-related blog. If your name isn't Tim, this probably won't interest you very much. I just need to go on record about a few things...

Okay. I can't live this charade any longer. My self-imposed NFL boycott is over. In fact, it's been over for weeks. Whatever. Let's recap the B-Roth/ Pennington Corrolary.

Pennington -- Fakes injury. Acts like he is awful (just a zamazing acting job). Jets are 2-9 and somehow underdogs to an 0-11 team. They are set for a ridiculously easy schedule next year and a ridiculous opening line to win the superbowl next season (I'm guessing 75:1).

B-Roth -- 8-3. Two of those losses are pretty much vintage, intentional losses. The Cardinals and the Jets? Seriously? It's like B-Roth knoes Tim and I knoe about the Corrolary and is sending us hidden messages. It's too bad they don't play Jon Kitna and the Detroit Lions so he can intentionally throw that game as well. I can't explain the Broncos loss, so I am gonna act like it never happened. This past week, B-Roth got so bored and was so confident he would win that he tried to beat the 0-10 Dolphins by a score of 2-0. His defense failed miserably and so he had to settle for a 3-0 win.

Predictions -- Everyone has been talking about the Pats and how they are the best team in history and they are going to go undefeated. They play the Steelers in week 14. I can pretty much guarantee right now that the Steelers intentionally lose this game. In fact, I expect B-Roth to fake an injury prior to that game so that he doesn't have to illustrate his dominance prematurely. Then, when the playoffs roll around, the Steelers will be 10 point underdogs and set up the greatest playoff gambling opportunity since the Rams played a 2nd round road game four years ago against the Falcons and the Falcons only had to give up 6.5 points.

Mizzou- Yes, we got humilated by Oklahoma one game prior to playing for a national championship. Yes, I wish I posted this blog prior to yesterday so that I could finally express my excitement about MU sports. Whatever. We ruined Kansas' dream season. That's enough for me. I've become so jaded that I care more about bad things happening to Kansas than good things happening to Mizzou. Have I mentioned lately how much I still hate Kirk Heinrich?

Gonzaga -- Even more so than Country Time Lemonade, Wendy's late night drive through, and hot water showers, GU basketball is easily the number one thing I miss most from the states. Every time I read a recap, I ask myself why I left prior to Pendo's senior year. I've even kicked around the logistics behind buying Lindsey a DVD recorder (they show virtually all of the games in Seattle), have her tape all of the GU games, and pay whatever it takes ($100 a pop?) to have them mailed to me within 2 weeks. Rationally, it's a ridiculous idea, but then I hear that GU beats UConn and I start kicking myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I venture slightly off-topic for a moment and say that even I think that #13 Illinois getting a BCS berth over #6 Mizzou is BS? Moreso because I actually had a shot at getting a free vacation in Orlando for the Capital One Bowl than in Pasadena, but I digress. Thanks for demolishing Kansas, it is always appreciated.